Private Lending - What should they get in return with 500k loan?

3 Replies

Hi guys,

I have a seller that is looking to sell his rental portfolio-

Its a turn key 9 building multi property portfolio consists of 6 single family, 2 multi unit and 1 large commercial property (13 total units). Total taxes on package $13,703. Total gross rental income is $136,320. Total insurance costs approx $6,000/yr. 23% Return on investment ! Professional property management services available! - That was what he sent me to purchase for 500k.

Now I am Looking for a private lender for the 500k. 

I wanted to know when meeting with Private lenders what the numbers they would want to see on the loan? 6-8%  or higher for 3-5 years?

How much % on rent each month would they want to see?

To than refi the property in 3-5 years to get their money back.

I guess for me when approaching to have a plan in place and that I don't look that I have no clue what to give the lender as a reasonable offer and return on their investment.

Do you have experience with private lenders already or not? Do you already own real estate or is this your first deal?

If you’re new or don’t own much real estate your interest rate will likely be in the 10-12 percent range or higher. Not to mention they’ll likely want you to have skin in the game

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here