Possible Deal in Texas

4 Replies

So, I am new but consistently trying to find deals. I joined a group in the Permian Basin, and they throw properties every so often. 

Last week I got an email for a home and here are the numbers.

Sale Price $115k

1564 Sq ft 3 bed 2.5 bath

Built in 2003

MidCad Assessed Value- $162,570

Zestimate- $215,599

Rent Estimate: $2400 (rent prices in Midland are high)

House down the street sold for $199k

Needs minor roof repair,  siding repair or replace stucco, new floors,  new doors,  replace windows,  deck repairs,  minor electrical repairs,  HVAC repair or replacement, Re-do Master bedroom,  water heater repair, new appliances

Buyer pays closing. bring best offer

I want to get into buy and hold, and this looks promising especially with Midland prices. Also, I am in high enough level position in an energy company to know things are happening. 

Thoughts?

@Tony Whitaker

The repair estimate could easily exceed $30-40K.  I would not recommend this type of project for a first timer.  You just dont know what you dont know

Moving forward some of the metrics you used are worthless. Zillow in Texas is worth about zero. Texas is a non disclosure state. The tax value is the same. Only true current comps from the MLS should be relied on

512-293-3885
Originally posted by @Greg H.:

@Tony Whitaker

The repair estimate could easily exceed $30-40K.  I would not recommend this type of project for a first timer.  You just dont know what you dont know

Moving forward some of the metrics you used are worthless. Zillow in Texas is worth about zero. Texas is a non disclosure state. The tax value is the same. Only true current comps from the MLS should be relied on

Copied verbatim from the investment group. I know sh**.

Updated 6 months ago

I just re-read this post. It comes off a little rude, I was meaning I don't know anything, lol. Apologies

Have you thought of going on this deal with another member of the group(possibly someone who has done a flip).

If your intentions are to buy, fix and rent out; maybe you can agree to buy out the other person at the end of the fixing process.

Basit Siddiqi, CPA
917-280-8544

Basit Siddiqi

I have but I have been to one meeting and I want to learn who is trustworthy, just as they would with me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.