Weequahic Newark New Jersey Investing

5 Replies

Hi is anyone familiar with weequahic Newark area for RI how is that area and how the prices are any information would be appreciated thanks!

The area near weequahic isnt very good but properties can be bought for fairly cheap relative to the rest of the city. There are also of of big nice houses there that can be turned into moneymakers. That being said crime will be  a big problem over there so if you buy make sure you secure your property tight and dont expect to get tenants who pay on time. Thats my experience from investing in the area. Its high risk high reward i would say assuming you can get cheap properties and good tenants.

close to hillside, bergen st and weequahic park is ok.  going up towards irvington is not as good.  i am getting $1800 for a 4 bedroom 3 bath, $1300 for a 3 bedroom 2 bath. the latter is below market. 

I am actually looking on  weequahic ave. near the hospital how is it over there? 

I own a triplex in Weequahic one block from the hospital. It is certainly a block by block situation. I happen to be on a decent block and I inherited fantastic tenants. Moving forward, I will not accept inherited tenants although my experience has good so far. I am currently looking o buy another triplex in Weequahic. 

@Kalmen Goldberger   Weequahic ave is generally decent but you should definitely do a couple of drive thrus when the weather is decent.  In newark it only takes one tenant on the block to mess up the neighborhood.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.