Votes
Maurice B.
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Potential Real Estate Investing after marriage

Maurice B.
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Oct 24 2017, 03:54

My fiance and I are getting married next year. She currently has a house and I live in my apartment. I currently have enough money for a down payment for a home but I am debating on a few things to do with this money. I am 30 and she is 32. We both have stable jobs and would be able relocate more than a 30-45 drive where we currently live.

Scenario #1

-I buy a house with a FHA loan prior to marriage. My fiance moves in with me after marriage and we rent her house (nice family neighbor. We currently have renters next door). We stay there for 2 years and then buy our more stable house to live and start off with 2 SFH for investing. (Hoping to get a mult family instead with the FHA loan)

Scenario #2

- My Fiance and I move into a nice apartment, she rents her current home and I use my down payment money and buy another home to rent. We proceed to live in the apartment and buy another property in a year. Then save up for 2 more years to buy a down payment on our dream home.

Scenario #3

-I move in with my Fiance after marriage. We combine my current down payment money and save up more for our dream home for 1-1.5 years. We then rent the current home and save up to buy another rental property.

I wouldn't desire to have a truly stable home until future children reach Pre-K. (5 years from now at least)

Loading replies...