Where can I find today's rates?

7 Replies

Hi BP,

Where can I find the rate for today for personal and investment?

I have searched on the internet and I can not get a good answer. Thank you.

Hi @Gabe Amedee

Thank you but it only shows for owner-occupied where can I find it for investment purposes?

@Edward P. Bankrate.com is good website for primary residence loan. You will not find rates for investment properties. You have to call lenders for rate. 

Hi @Gabe Amedee

Thank you but it only shows for owner occupied where can I find it for investment purposes?

@Harjeet Bhatti Where can I get a idea of the rates?

Thanks!

Originally posted by @Edward P. :

Hi @Gabe Amedee

Thank you but it only shows for owner occupied where can I find it for investment purposes?

@Harjeet Bhatti Where can I get a idea of the rates?

Thanks!

Here is a link to FNMA's loan level pricing adjustment matrix. It shows how many discount points it'll take to get what you see advertised. Usually the advertisements are assuming zero LLPAs, which isn't accurate for ~90% of people, and 100% of people buying rental properties. 

If you'd rather take the rate bump than pay the points, which most people do, assume 0.5 to 0.75 discount points (it varies daily, with diminishing returns in both directions) translates into 0.125% to rate. 

@Chris Mason This is really helpful.

For an investment property, I assume the correct chart to look at in the FNMA doc is the first?

Cheers!

Brad

Originally posted by @Brad Henson :

@Chris Mason This is really helpful.

For an investment property, I assume the correct chart to look at in the FNMA doc is the first?

Cheers!

Brad

I think you misunderstand... you add up ALL the hits from ALL the charts that are applicable. So a 3 unit investment property gets the 2-4 unit hit, and the investment hit. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here