Buying townhouse Lake Zurich IL

4 Replies

Hello

I am a first time home buyer and looking advice on buying a townhome in Lake Zurich IL.

We like the area in general and have been looking aggressively to buy but there aren't many homes and the ones that are listed won't bring down their price to a realistic value. Also, zillow shows the market temp as cold. What does that implies? We liked a home but the seller isn't negotiating. The house has been on market for 2 months. Any advise would be helpful.

Is this a rental or for your own home? 

Lake Zurich school district plans to invest in schools in a next three years more than a 100 million $. Without raising taxes for residents. It is a very desirable area with a very good schools and location. And as you said, not lot if houses for sale. No reason to take down price. 

I know some of the home owners in my neighborhood, they want to sell the home only if they get the asking price or else they would rather unlist their home, in fact two of my neighbors did the same, one of my neighbors listed her home for 6 months and never dropped the price or entertained a lower offer!!! Many people in Lake Zurich are well settled they are not desperate to sell their home, does not mean if you stick out long enough you wont find a good deal, otherwise great neighborhoods and great schools. Good luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here