I just want to start out by saying that, @Devin Baer and I, here at KC Metro Homes, really love the BiggerPockets community and have been fortunate to make some great connections and new clients on the platform. As real estate investing gains traction, we have had to get more creative with our acquisition strategies. Luckily we love the challenge! We also like to communicate with people in the investment community to gain some new insight and to continue our education.
It would be great to get some insight from other real estate experts and wholesalers about some good tactics. Also to connect with more wholesalers in the Kansas City area. We are professional, fast, and most importantly, we are trustworthy and integrity driven. I look forward to hearing what the community has to say!
To get good at Acquisition:
1) First, know what it is you are looking for, what types of properties you buy and where most of them come from. Study all the properties you have purchased over the past year, where did they come from, how did you find them. Then hammer away at those avenues.
2) Have a good high producing website with a blog - on my investor buyer site, sellers can leave me their information and we post blogs regularly talking about issues that my sellers from #1 above have - that puts a ton of keywords on my blog, so when those sellers search for the answers, they find them on my blog. Note that before every other investor out there had a website in Kansas City, that my blog often beat out HomeVestors' website, however these day's its a fairly level playing field. Note that if you have a blog, and you should, you need to write new fresh articles regularly, having a blog that has not seen a new post in several months, is REALLY REALLY BAD. One tactic here is to go way back to your oldest posts and redate them so they look like a new post.
3) Work your social sites, have a good functioning, posted on regularly where you can share some of those blog posts from #2, where you ask sellers from #1 to leave you ratings and reviews, where you share your latest purchase, where you share your latest seller's stories.
3) Direct mail - perfect a letter and post care series campaign targeting your top seller's from #1 and while you are at it, figure out how to get a list of sellers from #1 so you can send that direct mail piece. We have 4 working lists that we mail to at kcmoHomeBuyer and 4 different marketing campaigns.
We are looking forward to covering this topic a bit in January at MAREI at Robyn Thompsons workshop, where she does share some of her top ways to market for sellers. And then in March, Vena Jones Cox will be talking about wholesaling (where the majority of time is spent on finding the deals and marketing to motivated sellers) so we hope to see you at MAREI in 2018, as these are some top topics - this month we will be talking Subject to investing.
Thank you very much for your insight, Kim!
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing