Real estate industry

4 Replies

Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce myself here on bigger pockets. I work for a real estate brokerage that specializes in distressed properties. My family has been in the real estate industry for over 10 years now and I am excited to be part of a huge community. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the local networking events! 

For current realtors and investors, what cities do you see as up and coming? 

Welcome, Matt!  One of the good things about these properties is you can find them pretty much anywhere - but we do a lot of business in rust belt cities in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, etc. The great thing about these investments is they're almost recession-proof.

Of course, if you're looking for more standard "hot real estate markets," this article has a good list:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trulia/2017/01/04/10-hottest-real-estate-markets-to-watch-in-2017/#2d58408e340c

Hey @Mat Motyka , welcome!  Tons of awesome content on this site.  I personally see a lot of potential in the Woodlawn/South Shore area, as well as Avondale.  DNAInfo just wrote an article on Avondale as a matter of fact  (https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20171003/avondale/lonely-planet-top-10-up-and-coming-neighborhoods-2017).

@Jorge Newbery I appreciate the response and feedback. I am always doing research on trends and new development and I actually ran across the same article. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here