Do I still buy multi units if a potential crash is near?

6 Replies

I'm currently looking into 2 different multi units that have a 12-14% cash on cash return and I am very serious about purchasing them. I have heard a lot of talks about a future crash on the horizon. Do I still purchase the home knowing that a possible decrease in value could occur? I am still getting a great return even if property value goes down, but I am just curious if anyone has dealt with this or has any advice??

There always is, and always will be a potential crash coming. If it's a good deal, then buy it and don't worry about it.

If you are worried, it should be passed.

Why do you want to have more stress?

just out of curiosity what do you think is going to cause a CRASH .. markets ebb and flow they have ebbed up the last 8 years.. they will level off.. but why a crash.. why do you think there is going to be a crash.. just because someone is talking about it.. is there something specific that you think will cause a meltdown and values to come crashing down. ??

I agree with @Andy W. There is, and always will be a crash coming. If you feel the deal will survive even through your worst case scenario, it’s ok to proceed.

If you pass on these deals, feel free to shoot the details my way- I’ll pick them up!

Thanks!

Does a crash stop people from renting? Just keep your price point mid range so in a crash your not trying to rent LUXURY rentals

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.