Need advice on property analysis

6 Replies

Hello all, 

I am looking at a property in Fairburn Ga, 115k, 1175 sq feet, renting for 1095, 2001 built

Property taxes 750

Vacancy 5%

Maintenance 5%

Leasing 800 per year

Will do conventional financing with 20% down will cash flow around $200.

Is this a good neighbourhoof to invest in.

Do the numbers look good. 

Any opinion highly appreciated

Also looking for good realtors in Atlanta, any recommendations highly appreciated. 

Thank you

@Souji Kumar Is your maintenance number inclusive of Capex or do you separate that out? If not, you need to include it. I'd say an estimate of at least 10% Capex/Maint is more common in evaluations. Also, some quick online searching shows vacancy at much closer to 10% than 5% for that area.

Overall, I don't really know much about the Fairburn market, but another quick search online shows that the city is growing, which is a plus. However, there can't be more than 3-4,000ish family households in the city which would be your market. You need to be comfortable and cognizant of that which could be too small a market for some people. As for work in the area,  many people could commute to ATL for work, but I'd look at what industries are more specifically there, Palmetto, Union City, etc.

As for the numbers, it depends on who you ask. Cash flow around $200 would be pretty nice and that is at least what I would expect to see per door on SFR. However, that number could be a bit smaller if you aren't including Capex and a higher vacancy rate.

thank you @Alex K.

Do you know any good realtors in the area, reliable who can find a good investment property in the area?

Thanks

@Souji Kumar Do you think $200 per month is a good enough return to borrow $100,000 in an area that you know nothing about? Really? As Grant Cardone would say, " I could get $200 standing on the corner with a sign that says Help."

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.