Question about investing in Tampa Florida

8 Replies

Is Tampa too over valued now to invest? Was seriously considering picking up some single family homes however, I think it looks like there was a huge run up in property values in the last year.

You have to buy right and cannot pay FMV with the expectation of profit. I have a friend that is an agent in the area and he consistently buys good deals and makes great money.

John Thedford, Real Estate Agent in FL (#BK3098153)
239-200-5600

John Thedford, can you pass on your friends info, tampa is an area im looking into moving to, id love to talk to a seasoned agent and investors in hat area. 

Michael Gessner, Contractor

Not good place for deal now. Ohio has a lot high ROI deals

@Laura greany

"Is Tampa too over-valued"

No. Right now it's at the level of stable.

You'll be hard pressed to find fantastic deals, but the market is nowhere close to over-valued but rather it is at - value.

I.e. Adjusting for inflation, Tampa is currently around where prices were prior to the 08 crash.

Whereas most of the county is currently above pre crash levels - there are a few markets that are finally pushing past that line.

Originally posted by @Eric Delcol :

@Laura greany

"Is Tampa too over-valued"

No. Right now it's at the level of stable.

You'll be hard pressed to find fantastic deals, but the market is nowhere close to over-valued but rather it is at - value.

I.e. Adjusting for inflation, Tampa is currently around where prices were prior to the 08 crash.

Whereas most of the county is currently above pre crash levels - there are a few markets that are finally pushing past that line.

Eric, (or anyone for that matter) can you define your idea of fantastic vs acceptable deals? I'm trying to re-calibrate coming from the San Diego market.

(813) 803-0177

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.