Any San Diego investors??

5 Replies

Hello everyone, 

I currently live in San Diego,CA and I'm looking to get into real estate investments.  San Diego is currently a pretty expensive market and I'm wondering if I should begin out of state or if anyone has in advice about the San Diego market or investing in expensive areas, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

Ryan.

I'd love to chat with you. I started investing in a similar market to you and I was forced to invest out of state and its the best thing that happened to my business.

Reach out to me and lets chat this week.

Hello Ryan

San Diego is expensive but the best way to learn about real estate investing is to have you first property near you so you can learn (the hard way). With property out of state you don't get that chance to learn and figure thing out becouse you have too. With property out of state you will just receive a bill after someone else fixed everything. When I started out in San Diego 20 years ago it was expensive so I found a partner to start with and now that it's been 20 years I still have the same partner. 

Thank you

Tommy

Originally posted by @Ryan Slade :

Hello everyone, 

I currently live in San Diego,CA and I'm looking to get into real estate investments.  San Diego is currently a pretty expensive market and I'm wondering if I should begin out of state or if anyone has in advice about the San Diego market or investing in expensive areas, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks

Hey Ryan!

It is always great to see another San Diegan join the board.

The SD market is certainly unique, but can be incredibly profitable for those who go about the process in the right way.

I’d be more than happy to chat about some of the nuances that come with analyzing deals and investing in a high-value market like ours. Please feel free to reach out at any time!

Hi Ryan,

I am a beginner and still have much to learn, but maybe I can share some thoughts on what I plan to do and hopefully spark some more ideas to explore. It looks like there are people knowledgeable about the SD market that have reached out so that's great too! 

I am looking into buying a property near where I attend college once I graduate because I will need a place to stay that's close to the job I have lined up post-graduation and I could tap into the pool of off-campus students as tenants for the other rooms. I am used to living with multiple house mates and also feel the nearest multi-family homes would still be too far from my workplace so this is my attempt at the idea of house hacking.

I am a little more comfortable with this idea because  I will be living in the unit and as a student myself, I know how much students are willing to pay for a master, living room etc which will hopefully help me analyze deals better. This is the start to something that I'm trying to do more research on and connect with people to talk about to see if it might work out, and I still have many things that I've yet to hash out such as financials, long-term goals. 

If you'd like to bounce off ideas or exchange updates on progress in the future, let me know. If my plans are totally off or there are any areas I should focus on in my learning, I am open to any pointers from the community too!