Real estate agent monogamy?

2 Replies

Forgive the dumb question, I have never made any real estate purchases before. There are two real estate agents in my area that I have heard good things about that I would be interested in working with.  Is it kosher to work with two agents or is it assumed that you will only be working with one agent at a time?  How should I approach this situation?

@Alex Smith you should work with both. They do not need to know. First come first served. By working with both, you will find out which one will make you a priority and which will work hard and value your potential business. That is the one you want to go with. 

Always keep your options open. 

Then, after that, you can choose to be loyal if you want. 

Onwards!

sjw

It depends on what you're looking to do. Agents hate it when they work hard for you and you cheat on them. I would consider monogamy if you're going to need a lot of hand-holding. However, some of the best agents won't work with buyers who waver too much about buying because they can spend time with other buyers who will actually buy. If you are just looking for somebody to send you MLS listings for you to drive by, I'd ask a new, eager agent who has more time on her hands and give her a shot.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.