Cincinnati Area help

3 Replies

Hello

I am looking to invest in the Cincinnati area - specifically around Univ of Cincinnati. I am new to investing in that market and wanted to know a few things:

1. What is the general area in the mile radius around UC like? Is it a typical college area with restaurants and relatively low crime?

2. Is this a good rental market to invest in? Will the demographics be confined to university students or is this vicinity amenable to working adults as well?

3. What is the typical rental return on a 750-1000 sq ft SFR? Would it be around a $1/Sqft in terms of rent?

4. I am also looking for real estate agents to represent me in this area - please respond to this message and i will DM you.

Thank you

Vasanth

Hi Vasant, we are based out of Cincinnati. Please PM.

Vasanth,

Is there a particular reason you only want to focus in and around the UC area?

Even the UC area much like Cincinnati can vary street to street.  Where mainly college students live those areas generally landlords like to focus on students.  There will be some families mixed in the area.  

I think there are many areas in Cincinnati that can get what you are looking for in terms of rent return.  Trying to classify properties in terms of $ per square foot also does not work in Cincinnati due to the areas differing so much.  

It would be better to qualify what you want to find in terms of area grade A,B, C etc. what type of building are you looking for (SFR or multi) and the price range and then go from there.

College students require a very hands on rental management approach and your income off of that will be reduced by having to regularly get the apartments or Home ready for next wave of tenants.  

Paul

@Vasanth Waran I have 4 properties within 1 mi of the University of Cincinnati and live in the neighborhood as well.... I do a fair bit of direct mail in the neighborhood and may be able to help you with finding a property.... the cupboard on the MLS is pretty bare. Please feel free to PM to chat further.

Cheers

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here