San Antonio Investing - Help to build my team!

7 Replies

Out of state investor looking to start purchasing in San Antonio!  What property management company do you recommend?  Also, local lenders that are great to work with?

Thanks!

Berry-

Welcome! What type of property are you looking to purchase (single family, small multifamily 1-4 units or something larger)? The reason I ask is my answer is dependent on the property type. 

Sterling Williams, Real Estate Agent in TX (#682359)

Hello @Barry Je we use @Brad Larsen for property management and AMP Lending for traditional financing and refinancing. We also recommend Streamline Lending for Hard Money. Let me know if you need anything else.

Originally posted by @Sterling Williams :

Berry-

Welcome! What type of property are you looking to purchase (single family, small multifamily 1-4 units or something larger)? The reason I ask is my answer is dependent on the property type. 

Thank you for asking! I am primarily interested in multifamily 5+ units, however, with the market the way it is, I am finding many amazing SFR leads and very few multifamily. Plan is to keep buying up SFR's until a great multifamily deal is found. Short answer, both!

Originally posted by @Barry Je :
Originally posted by @Sterling Williams:

Berry-

Thank you for asking! I am primarily interested in multifamily 5+ units, however, with the market the way it is, I am finding many amazing SFR leads and very few multifamily. Plan is to keep buying up SFR's until a great multifamily deal is found. Short answer, both!

In that case, try Sayf Jouini with Sonora Bank, they are out of state investor friendly and offer both residential and commercial loans. A property manager I always refer is Jaime Sepulveda with strategic property management. Great guy and very knowledgeable. Good luck moving forward and reach out if you have any other questions. 

Sterling Williams, Real Estate Agent in TX (#682359)

Thank you @Tracy Streich and @Jonatan Barbera  for the mention.  @Barry Je   

We would recommend looking into the Single Family Home space.  The cool guy trend seems to be towards Multi-Family, but I do not think it's the best option.

MF:

1) It's getting played out.  EVERYONE wants multi-family because of all the guru's out there pounding their chest on how great it is.  Well, it is great - when you own thousands of units.  However, to get there, you have to start small - and that puts you into the interest category of 5+ units.....along with all the guru disciples. 

2) Anything between 5+ units and on site managed MF's is mostly junk.  If it does come on the market, it will be picked over and most likely sold before you ever see or hear about it.  

3) All the brokers around that come across MF projects end up making a few calls - and the deal gets done.  Meaning, the competition is fierce and unless you are proven with cash ready.....get in line.  

4) Renting $500 to $800 units in MF apartments attracts the highest quality tenants out there who will take care of your unit without fail.  If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.  

My recommendation: Focus on Single Family Homes and look towards the BRRRR method. In the end, they all get you to the same place either SFH or MF....both are great. Get with Jonatan to find you a quality investment home either wholesale or retail - and bring it to us for management.

Take care! 

Originally posted by @Brad Larsen :

Thank you @Tracy Streich and @Jonatan Barbera  for the mention.  @Barry Je  

We would recommend looking into the Single Family Home space.  The cool guy trend seems to be towards Multi-Family, but I do not think it's the best option.

MF:

1) It's getting played out.  EVERYONE wants multi-family because of all the guru's out there pounding their chest on how great it is.  Well, it is great - when you own thousands of units.  However, to get there, you have to start small - and that puts you into the interest category of 5+ units.....along with all the guru disciples. 

2) Anything between 5+ units and on site managed MF's is mostly junk.  If it does come on the market, it will be picked over and most likely sold before you ever see or hear about it.  

3) All the brokers around that come across MF projects end up making a few calls - and the deal gets done.  Meaning, the competition is fierce and unless you are proven with cash ready.....get in line.  

4) Renting $500 to $800 units in MF apartments attracts the highest quality tenants out there who will take care of your unit without fail.  If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you in San Francisco.  

My recommendation: Focus on Single Family Homes and look towards the BRRRR method. In the end, they all get you to the same place either SFH or MF....both are great. Get with Jonatan to find you a quality investment home either wholesale or retail - and bring it to us for management.

Take care! 

After the mentions, I looked you up and your website.  I'm intrigued by what you offer!  I'll be calling your office friday.  Thank you for the insights!  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.