Looking to partner w/anyone else in Houston!

5 Replies

My name is Alexey, 28 in Houston. I wanted to start buying raw land in up and coming neighborhoods, maybe hold it for a little and sell it, or potentially build on it in the future for rental income. I have like 10k available now and I think this would be a way I can afford investing now. Looking to partner up, any other investors in Houston that I can learn from! Thanks

Hey Alexey I'm in a similar boat as you. I studied Architecture at UH so naturally I'm very interested in buying land with the intention to build on it.  I've done a handful of flips and started focusing on building my rental portfolio this year 2017, but have yet to break ground on development/new construction. Have you started to look for properties/land? If not, Fifth Ward, Eado, and Independence Heights would be good places to start.

@Alexey Sharf   Raw land can actually be very expensive.  In Texas, the property taxes and mowing can eat you alive.

Exactly what types of land are you looking into getting?

@Andrew Dao Do you have your cert yet? I know of a design build firm in Houston that may be looking for new talent. Pm me if interested. 

Hey @Alexey I am in the Houston Market and I'm open to any Partner/JV Deal that makes sense.

Once we pick a target criteria for your style of investing we will find deals that work. 

We do major rehabs and have a development partner we work with that has 13 years experience. If you are not an experienced investor I don't recommend starting out with a new build. It is very challenging and you want to have a very strong understanding of the development/rehab process to manage a new build. 

I started off just buying single family homes and now have over $4M in real estate in the Houston area. I'm just now to the point where I'm comfortable leading development projects for other investors. Be careful it's easy to leave a ton of money on the floor.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here