Looking to partner w/anyone else in Houston!

5 Replies

My name is Alexey, 28 in Houston. I wanted to start buying raw land in up and coming neighborhoods, maybe hold it for a little and sell it, or potentially build on it in the future for rental income. I have like 10k available now and I think this would be a way I can afford investing now. Looking to partner up, any other investors in Houston that I can learn from! Thanks

Hey Alexey I'm in a similar boat as you. I studied Architecture at UH so naturally I'm very interested in buying land with the intention to build on it.  I've done a handful of flips and started focusing on building my rental portfolio this year 2017, but have yet to break ground on development/new construction. Have you started to look for properties/land? If not, Fifth Ward, Eado, and Independence Heights would be good places to start.

@Alexey Sharf   Raw land can actually be very expensive.  In Texas, the property taxes and mowing can eat you alive.

Exactly what types of land are you looking into getting?

@Andrew Dao Do you have your cert yet? I know of a design build firm in Houston that may be looking for new talent. Pm me if interested. 

Hey @Alexey I am in the Houston Market and I'm open to any Partner/JV Deal that makes sense.

Once we pick a target criteria for your style of investing we will find deals that work. 

We do major rehabs and have a development partner we work with that has 13 years experience. If you are not an experienced investor I don't recommend starting out with a new build. It is very challenging and you want to have a very strong understanding of the development/rehab process to manage a new build. 

I started off just buying single family homes and now have over $4M in real estate in the Houston area. I'm just now to the point where I'm comfortable leading development projects for other investors. Be careful it's easy to leave a ton of money on the floor.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.