Votes
Jared C.
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Open Hold Titles - All Legal?

Jared C.
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Dec 10 2017, 05:11

My question revolves around the legalality of Open Hold Titles. I recently was advised on an investment method that to me seemed semi illegal due to the clause in almost all mortgages, the banks or lenders, rights to "Dues on Sale". The part I was advised on and was unfamiliar with was the technical detail of having a homeowner acquire an Open Hold title for their poperty. They said if the home owner has or creates an Open Hold title then someone such as my self, an investor, can work with the homeowner to sell the house and take a portion of the revenue all while the deed belongs to them. This would be done using a third party escrow company to hold the title and while we either fixed or helped to catch the home owner up on payments before selling the house for them. 

I honestly am just starting to get involved in BiggerPockets so I am clueless to the subject and the laws aren't the easiest to reaserch so I hoped for anyone she opionion on if this may illegal in someway pen ethically fround upon?

Loading replies...