Agents/Wholesalers in Oakland

5 Replies

Hi BP! 

It's been a nightmare for me lately trying to find a multi-family home in the Oakland area. The MLS is not the most friendly for first time investors so was looking to connect with any agents or anybody that has insight into this market. I'm a 28 year old single male working in Downtown Oakland and looking to purchase my first primary residence (2, 3, or 4 units). My price range is anywhere from 400-700k and I've been pre-approved.

If anyone is out there or could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it! Always happy to meet in person as well. Lunch is on me :) -Jason

Hate to be that guy, but you have a single unit condo  budget..... or you're going to be living in some rough areas.

Hey Jason.  I agree with @Matt K. that's not much of a budget for a multi-family in the area.  But if you are ok with tougher areas, you can get decent returns and hopefully catch some nice Bay Area appreciation buying in east and some parts of west oakland.  I am in contract on a 4-plex in oakland, so they are out there.  PM me of you would like to chat.   

Hi Jason, looks like I'm going to disagree with Matt, once again. (You can check old posts for that!) You can find deals in Oakland. It's possible. You can find FHA deals and owner-occupy. In fact, I can point you to a duplex not far from the lake that you could get for sub-$700 -- if you removed one of the tenants so that you could move in. Shoot me a message if you'd like to talk more.

@Jason Pabon that's a midwest budget for MFH .... which might put a damper on househacking it haha.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.