Votes
Eric Dean
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Questions about probate leads...

Eric Dean
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted Jan 6 2018, 13:19

I've been looking at probate leads lately and I'm trying to develop a list and a pattern for obtaining the list but I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answers to.. let me know if you can help.

I get the concept of going to the register of wills and pulling the files. Grabbing the information about the PR and the inventory sheet.... So this is where I'm at.

1. Do I deal with OPEN cases or CLOSED cases? Both?

2. I see files that were literally filed yesterday but these don't usually have a lot of information (at first) so where should I start? The current month? The month prior? Or 3 months back from the current month (was a suggestion someone else mentioned on YouTube that it takes about 3 months for "probate"

3. Should I go back? It's currently January.. should I pull all the files for the last 9 months? (Feb 2017 - November 2017) or should I just stay current.

4. Some files I run across doesn't include an "inventory" sheet .. so move on? Is there another document I should look for? 

5. At what point in the process are they (the PR) legally allowed to sign a contract and me to market the contract (find a buyer). Do I just get the word while it's "fresh" and wait X months for it to be closed? Or what? I'm confused on this part.

6. After those answers up there. It's still basically the same process right... Make offer, sign contract, sell contract.

If you can answer these great I appreciate your help. I'm not asking for a handout though if you can point me to a good resource that I can read/watch that explains all this PLEASE do I'll gladly do the legwork. 

Thanks again for any insight on how to wholesale probate leads.

Loading replies...