Votes
Sashindra S.
  • Shakopee, MN
Votes |
Question about purchasing property without a real estate agent

Sashindra S.
  • Shakopee, MN
Posted Jan 6 2018, 15:46

Hello BP, I have been using, reading, listening to BP for about a year. This is my first post on BP. I currently own a townhome and now am looking to purchasing a duplex. I plan to live in unit of the duplex and looking to rent out the other unit of duplex and current townhome.

I am looking to purchase a property (for sale by owner) without a real estate agent. Yes, I have read many threads in BP and other online sources regarding this topic. I am learning about purchasing without a real estate agent and would like to learn more if anyone in the BiggerPockets community have done the same? If you have, what resources have you used to write offer letters, purchase agreement, etc? Have you had to hire a real estate attorney to assist with the purchase agreement document? What has your experience been and what you do suggest?

What are the things I need to be aware of to proceed with this? I have spoken to the owner on multiple occasions and he has been very helpful in answering questions and has also provided me the property disclosure documents, truth of sale, the city documents, maintenance and repair history. What are the things I should diligently look for to move forward in this direction?

Thank you!

Loading replies...