Votes
Daniel Preston III
  • Cleveland, TN
Votes |
Newbie with building exp looking for flipping advice

Daniel Preston III
  • Cleveland, TN
Posted Jan 18 2018, 15:39

Hello, my name is Daniel I'm 35 years old and I'm looking to buy a home to flip in my area. I have several years of building/construction experience. I'm comfortable doing almost any job or task required to build a residential home but I don't have strong enough finances to build a spec home so I'm looking to find a very cheap house to flip instead.  Here's my financial situation. The good. I have $40k to invest. I own a river lot that is totally paid for that is worth about $45-$50k that is presently for sale but til then that money is locked up. The bad. I am not able to borrow money because of my lack of credit history and low income reflected in my tax returns. That said I'm looking for advice or suggestions that take into account my particular financial situation, in other words would any of you be so kind as to make suggestions as to how I might best use the amount of money that I have and my skill sets to start flipping houses. I've made inquiries at a few courthouses in my area regarding notices of default, foreclosures, auctions, tax delinquent properties etc. and have basically gotten a lot of blank stares or what seems like the run around. I'm really at a loss as for how people in my area are able to find these types of property considering what I've experienced thus far. I really need some advice and would appreciate any you might have to offer. Thanks.

Loading replies...