Mai H.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Condo Auction Foreclosure Newbie

Mai H.
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Jan 18 2018, 20:04

Hey Everybody!

Long time reader, first time poster. I came across an auction property for my local court house but I've never bought an auction property before. Hoping someone can help. Secondly I don't have any experience buying condos.

1) Would anybody know if county sales/sheriff sales have closing cost or buyer's premium cost like Auction.com and if so, how much are they typically? I live in Minnesota if that helps.

2) For the auction, I found out it is cash only. For large cash amounts I plan on doing certified checks. My question is, who do I make the check out to? Is it the county or the attorney / firm representing the mortgage company? If it is a law firm, how do I know which law firm? 

3) If there is a second mortgage on the property and possibly an association lien (I am trying out if there is one since the the county recorder's Certificate of Title show's both a association document for foreclosure and a mortgage doc filing for foreclosure), would they also be at the auction to bid as well?  I want to make sure I'm not bidding against the law firm appointee on the second mortgage lien or any judgement liens and am bidding on the first lien if that makes sense. How do I make sure it is the first lien? 

Anything would greatly help! 

Mai

Loading replies...