Locating vacant homes

2 Replies

Hello all my name is Noah and I’m fairly new to REI I’ve been looking to buy my first property for awhile now but can’t seem to find the deal I want to pull the trigger on whether it’s due to scarcity or the seller just not budging on price. So I’m trying to locate vacant homes as they can be very motivated to sell. What are some ways you guys locate vacant homes besides “driving for dollars” I’ve tried looking online but can’t seem to find any good clear info on how to do it. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks
Originally posted by @Noah Wood :
Hello all my name is Noah and I’m fairly new to REI I’ve been looking to buy my first property for awhile now but can’t seem to find the deal I want to pull the trigger on whether it’s due to scarcity or the seller just not budging on price. So I’m trying to locate vacant homes as they can be very motivated to sell.

What are some ways you guys locate vacant homes besides “driving for dollars” I’ve tried looking online but can’t seem to find any good clear info on how to do it. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks

Ask mailmen. Also, you can run addresses through the USPS database to find ones that the USPS isn't delivering to.

Ok thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.