Downtown Stamford Connecticut condo

8 Replies

Hi all, I have own condo on stamford Connecticut for past few years. Did not see any appreciation in value or on rent even market is so hot now in New York or NJ. For those you know what do you think of future of the Connecticut and should o get ride of those properties ? Thanks

Hi Liz,

My business partners and I are currently building out our Stamford condo portfolio and always looking to buy properties. We currently like Stamford because of its location to NYC and is close to where we live, but I think most people agree, the Stamford market has risen alot over the past few years and may need a bit of a break from rental increases. My partners and I are not expecting much appreciation or rental increase in the near term. 

That’s weird , I been following myself for past two year stamford condo market. It didn’t not go up. It didn’t go down . And rent did not increase at all for studio or one bed.

How do you come up with those numbers?

What class building is your condo in? Top class buildings haven't fared well since there is so much luxury supply coming to the market but there has be an increase in rent even over the past two years for lower-income housing. 

mine is just normal condo , nothing fancy.  my point at Stamford CT is i don't see the price will appreciate nor rent will increase much in next 5 to 10 years.

so whats there for new investors to go in or old investor to keep holding it .

Just your current cash flow and protection against inflation. 

If doesn’t appreciated is not protection of inflation :-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.