Need help finding properties in Buffalo, NY

5 Replies

I need some direction on finding investment properties in Buffalo, NY. I have a couple already in the suburbs, but seem to be at a stand still. I have some money to spend and would like to link up with someone in the area that’s a bit more experienced and can point me in the right direction.

I have and will be going to the next meet up. Just wanted some direction in the mean time. I don’t like sitting still.

Hey @Ryan C. ,

The meetup for buffalo took place last month for the first time and another on is scheduled for this month (I unfortunately couldn't make it). Definitely a good place to get localized infomation.

Everyone always says the best deals are off-market, and the only way to find those are to get out and look for them! 

There are a few Wholesalers in Buffalo who usually have a few available.

If you have a specific area in mind, walking door to door and asking to buy is a very powerful tool! If you're a little less comfortable with door to door there are always mailers/postcards.

If you have cash and are looking to renovate before renting, the auction in an option.

Finally there are occasionally deals on the MLS if you're consistently checking for them. If you want daily/weekly listing updates let me know and I'll activate them for you.

Thank you for the info. I am willing to do the door to door thing, but a lot, if not most of the doubles that I wish to purchase are owner occupied and would like to know where I can go to find out the owner and their address? Is it public information at the tax clerk?

Also, I do not know much about the auction stuff but am very interested in perusing. Where do I go to get information on the auctions?

Ryan - Have you ever used Erie County online GIS Mapping System? You can zoom in on the map and click on parcels. When you select a parcel it will tell you if its a single family or multifamily. It will also give an address for owner. For owner occupied the address is usually the same as the parcel but if its a different address its usually not owner occupied. I have had a good experience with finding out information on a property using this mapping system. You can also go to Buffalo.Oarsystem.com but you need to input each address to retrieve information where the GIS you can just keep clicking parcel to parcel. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.