Question from a newbie in Florida

5 Replies

Hey BP. I am looking at properties in Pensacola, Florida. Any recommendations for VA lenders or home inspectors in the area? Thank you!

Hey @Douglas C.  

Message me your email address and I’ll send you my vendor list with inspectors, insurance agents, some handymen, lenders ect.  I’m a Realtor and investor here in Pensacola and I keep a frequently updated vendor list for myself and my clients.  Pensacola is a great area to invest!

Gents,

I am a wholesaler in the area, feel free to send me your email/number if you would like to be added to my cash buyers list!

Douglas, there is a certain lender here in Pensacola that has been known to dominate the VA Loan and rehab loan niche.

University Lending 

Deborah Joslyn 

(Can’t post contact info...)

Google her and give her a ring if you have questions. She has TONS of experience. 

Let me know if you want to chat or link up to discuss. Good luck!

I recommend going with an online lender as they will be your lowest cost loan hands down. I’ve never had a brick and mortar local lender beat an online lender. 

Inspector, I use Scott Burris with Pro 1 and he does a great job for us. My list of who not to use is way longer considering we see all kinds of reports on our flips (some written in crayon they are so bad) 

One issue with online lenders is they are notorious for failing to do any up front work and financing often falls apart; therefore, if you submit an offer with such a loan it will often be seen as a less strong offer with an experienced realtor who may advise a seller to take another offer. Especially with a VA loan (also seen as less strong due to minimum property requirements required during VA appraisals).

A strong local lender, while somewhat more costly in interest rate (sometimes); may help you present stronger offer. Important to note in a sellers market.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here