Starting off with a Wholesale

2 Replies

GM BP!!! I was wondering if anyone has had any success or helpful information with starting off with a few wholesale deals?

Welcome to BP, @Ron Wayne !

My advice is to know your ARV and rehab costs. You reputation is everything as a wholesaler, and if flippers start to not trust your numbers, they may just stop looking at your deals. We run all of the numbers ourselves, but if a wholesaler knows their numbers, too, I'll have to look at fewer deals to find one that works for me.

To get started, I would consider reaching out to a local wholesaler and offer to help them. Any decent sized wholesaler is always looking for help. 

Good Luck!

@Ron Wayne go over to the article section and read every article on wholesaling, two or three times. Look for similarities not for some "secret" tip, there is none. Then listen to every podcast interview of a wholesaler on this site. Then find out if you need a realtor license in your state. I think Ohio is one of those states that will lock you up if you don't have one. If so, study for the exam and pass it. Do all this before you do anything else,...especially the license part if it applies.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.