postcard, yellow letter etc campaigns

3 Replies

I'm going to be targeting recent lis pendens notices. My question is how far back should I target. Should I go for 90 days 120  60 or 30. I was also told that I would have to send more than correspondence. My next question is how much correspondence should I send one residence and how far in between should I space them ie every quarter ever six months?  

Originally posted by @Nigel Williams :

I'm going to be targeting recent lis pendens notices. My question is how far back should I target. Should I go for 90 days 120  60 or 30. I was also told that I would have to send more than correspondence. My next question is how much correspondence should I send one residence and how far in between should I space them ie every quarter ever six months?  

It's a little more complicated than that. If the lis pendens references a foreclosure, the lis pendens can take months & months to complete and you need to track the docket to know the status. So, mailing become a bit of a challenge. Most people don't do anything while they are foreclosure and wait until just before the sale to sell. However, if you are tracking other kinds of lawsuits, you have to track the docket and you are buying trouble if you don't get the lis pendens released before you buy the property.

It isn't clear what you're going after.

@mike s.  Although I'm pursuing mainly people who have recieved foreclosure initiation from their bank, my question is regardless of what ever method I'm pursuing whether that be probates pre foreclosures lis pendens bankruptcies or divorce etc. How far back should i target in my campaign? 90 60 120 etc?  How much correspondence should I send to one residence and how far in between should i space them?  I'm not concerned about the anatomy of a lis pendens as it pertains to a foreclosure. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.