Huntsville, AL info, PM & Agent

8 Replies

Looking into the Huntsville, AL market for a multi family buy and hold.  Any tips on locations, areas to target, stay away from? Also RE agents and PM's you have worked with and highly recommend?  Thank you advance!

Hi @Vaden Hoffman , I highly recommend Rocket City PM. They currently manage all our small multifamily units in Huntsville, and they’re awesome. Terrific people, very responsive, and deep knowledge of the Huntsville area. 

We run all our potential deals by them, to make sure they’re in good neighborhoods, and to see what the potential rents could be. They’re also a good source of off market deals. 

I am also from Northern California and agree with Annie, they are also managing my SFH properties in the Huntsville area and really enjoy working with them. Agree with all comments she made above.

@Vaden Hoffman Hello, I am investor in the Huntsville area.  I primarily hold single family rentals and I have a few short term rentals as well.  There are some multifamily units near the UAH and Alabama A&M areas that provide great cashflow, however they are not in the best parts of town.  Also there are other multifamily units in South Huntsville as well that offer decent cashflow in great school districts.  These units have appreciated a lot (in terms of Huntsville) in the past few years as the market is back for them.

Like @Annie Dickerson and @Brandon B. stated above Dennis with Rocket City Property Management knows that market in depth and would be great at pointing you in the right direction with multifamily units.

Hi Vaden!  I've heard good things about Rocket City too.

The small multi in good areas have been going fast.  @Tim White is right - there are some good cash flow small multis on the market but not in the greatest neighborhoods.  If you are interested in something bigger, there is a package of three buildings, 27 units total in west Huntsville that could have potential. 

I'm a local agent & I'd be happy to help you out.  PM me if you want to chat!

Hi everyone,

We're also looking for a PM we can use in Huntsville. Do you guys have a particular contact over at Rocket City PM we can reach out to?

Thanks!

Hello All, 

I would love to connect with local agent and PM in the HSV and Decatur as well. Hoping to find small multi-family units or great potential SFH.

Try Astro Property management...their owner @Zachary C is a bigger pockets member and his team have been very helpful with our rental

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here