• Investor
  • Warwick, RI
Votes |
Should I buy it or keep looking?

Bob Romano
  • Investor
  • Warwick, RI
Posted Feb 16 2018, 08:54

What would you guys do? I have an option of buying a rehabbed SFH 3br, 1 bath for $175,000. It is in a class B neighborhood and all the repairs are done on it. Comps are from 185-210. Just needs a power wash on the siding and some new plants out front. Hers is my question: I already have a renter for it. One of my drivers wants it . The rent is $1500 month and I would cash flow $354 monthly. He would sign a lease just like everyone else.

Every one i take to show them what they think of the house, they say the  house needs work, which it doesn't, just cosmetic on the outside. 

My theory is I can get the house rented asap and have a positive cash flow right away. I know the guy can afford it because he is paying the same price now in a worse location, plus he gets a monthly pension from the military which easily covers his rent. 

What would you guys do? buy it , have an instant renter, positive cash flow right away  or keep shopping around for a higher price house in a better area with a little higher rent and do the tenant screening stuff, etc ? 

Loading replies...