​HELOC / $ in account question :

4 Replies

Would a Lender use the $ that I have in my HELOC account ........... would they let this count towards being $ that I have in a " Savings Account " , as they want to see that you have 6 months of Rent saved up " Per " rental / your own personal Residence that you have Thank you for the input and help 

I am not sure what you are asking. Probably your best bet is to talk to a lender and see what they consider proof of funds. I'm guessing that you are talking either about a down payment or savings to allow a refinance. See what your local bank is willing to do.

In my experience the short answer is NO. What you could do and I have done this is transfer a little more than what they need in to my savings, then let it sit there for a couple months. 

kinda not really.

you could do it if you took the advance out and seasoned it in a bank account for ~2 months.

though the debt service will certainly affect your DTI

I always have them use my IRA as a reserve account

Thank you all for your help 

Alexander Felice ,

So you are saying that I should go ahead and withdraw 6 months worth of payments for both my Primary and this Investment property , and put it in a Savings account and let it seasons a few months ?  Thank you for your help 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here