Buy and sell from a distance

7 Replies

I am a truck driver, how can I buy and sell houses while im on the road, until I can do real estate full time?

@John Burwell that is virtually impossible unless you can focus some time on the road to field calls and follow up on leads. You will have to partner up with someone who is at home in the trenches. I think in this case maybe a partnership could work

As a beginner, that option doesnt look very good either, I dont know anyone

Originally posted by @John Burwell :

I am a truck driver, how can I buy and sell houses while im on the road, until I can do real estate full time?

With the way tech is today you don't really ever need to physically be in the same location as the house, the seller (or buyer) or any of the Realtors involved in the transaction. You'll be able to sign all documents via electronic signature or portable notary. As for the home itself always hire a 3rd party to do an unbiased inspection.

@John Burwell Buy and sell meaning flipping? That’s a tough one. It’s not just buy/sell there’s probably “managing the rehab” in the mix there too. If you mean buy for buy-and-hold I do think it’s possible. Now you’d have to know the area and I can’t imagine you can drive through residential neighborhoods in your truck! So I don’t know that you’d have any advantage or disadvantage compared to the rest of us out-of-state investors.

Thanks Andrew, it looks like I'm going to have to find someone in my town to partner with, and there lies another obstacle, finding someone near me.

Thanks James, can you please give me some more information, in this process. This may be my way in.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.