Northglenn - Denver rental properties SFH

5 Replies

We are about to purchase a 3bed 2 bath single family in Northglenn for 315k, right around the Muriel dr middle school area. Issue is, my brother would live the basement and try to rent the first floor out (house hack). I cant find any rental stats for that, most single family homes are rented out full around there, for 1300-1700/m i see.

Any ideas if this is a good idea, what rents are generally for something like this? 1100/m?

We are also considering maybe doing a 2bed 2 bath condo more downtown where it may be easier to rent out, but there is HOA fee with that.

Happy to hear or connect with anyone who rents their primary home out while living there in Denver.

rentometer is a good option for rental comps, also speaking to a local property manager may give you a good idea of typical rents. I am not super experienced with Denver but my hunch would be that a 3bd 2ba SFR in the city would rent for more than 1100

Are all the bedrooms up or will he be occupying one? I'd look at renting by the room and having him manage the renters. I'd think you'd be $600-700 a room in that area. 

I had a client just east of there pulling the same rents, but it was a newer home. 

He would live in the basement in 1 bedroom 1 bath there, and rent the ground/first floor out whcihis a 2 bed 1 bath. 

Agent suggested we may try to just rent each room separately, so 500-600/room then. 

So these 2 options. Taxes are 2000 on the property, 20% down 30 yrs.

@Drew Slew I was just on Craig's List and there are quite a few room rentals there for around the $600 per room per month. You might check out that using the map view to see if there are any around you that are renting by the room to get an idea.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here