St. Louis Property Value

3 Replies

I may want to sell a property in St. Louis. I know Zillow is not the best way to determine the value of a home. So, what would you suggest is the best way to learn what the value of a home is? Cheers, Mark

@Mark Wurtemberg Zillow is a fair place to start, zestimate can be a rough guide is you are realistic about the amenities and finishes.  To get a better idea, I would find comps in the neighborhood with the same layout, finishes, condition etc.  A local investor/RE agent would be able to do this for you with the proper local knowledge needed to get you pretty close on a good price.

If you're in the County, the assessor's page has a comparable sales area where it lists comps that you can compare by price, $/sqft, etc. In the city, probably ask a few agents to pull comps since many areas can be very block-to-block and if you don't understand the nuances of each neighborhood, comparing two properties within a mile or a half-mile as the crow flies may lead you well astray in terms of value.

Get a real comparison report from a realtor.  If you trust the city or county assessor and their comparables, I have a whole portfolio of properties to sell you.  Or if you want to use Zillow as well, I'll be happy to sell you all my properties at their valuation.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here