Best way to use $100K on additional properties

Best way to use $100K on additional properties

NV · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 0 votes

Hey guys, someone told me to check out Bigger Pockets when I asked this question elsewhere, so I'll give it a whirl by seeing if anyone here has any opinions about this.  I'm a full time landlord now with three properties, and I've managed to accumulate $100K through short term rentals, long term tenants, and a bit of cryptocurrency on the side.  It's not hard to find a duplex here for $80K.  Does anyone have any thoughts on the best use of this money to step up my real estate game and buy more properties?

I figure buying a house with cash would give me some negotiating power and maybe I could talk them down $5 or $10K.  Then I could cash out refi and buy another.

Alternatively, I could just use it for three downpayments and get three more houses.

Alternatively, I could just hold onto it and see if the market takes a hit in the next year or so, then be glad I waited for the right time to buy.  

Anyone have any thoughts?

0Reply
22 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bryce LitwinPro Member
    Danville, PA · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 58 votes
    8y

    Assuming additional reserves set aside to maintain your current properties, I'd probably try to buy 3 SFRs or one larger MF.  

  • Investor · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 84 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Wait to see what happens with rates and the housing market , if it tanks then may be a buying opportunity.  If it doesn't then you go ahead and buy.  I'd rather be a little late than speculate on how the market will react to all of these changes .

  • NV · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks guys.  So you don't think the method of financing matters?  Doesn't matter if I just get three conventional mortgages or attempt to buy in cash?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.