Cleveland area homes with large yards

3 Replies

Hi all! I'm wondering if any of my fellow Clevelanders, or investors in Cleveland own any properties with large yards? I'm talking in the 2 acre range. North Royalton and Strongsville areas to give a better idea. If you can make the numbers work, are they good as rentals? How does the yard maintenance work? Who is responsible for the cutting all that grass?

I know most invest much closer to the city, with much less land, but can this work? I am asking because I have a possible deal coming up soon, and I can't find much talk of this on the forums. 

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on this as well, if you can @James Wise

Thanks!

Originally posted by @Denny McKown :

Hi all! I'm wondering if any of my fellow Clevelanders, or investors in Cleveland own any properties with large yards? I'm talking in the 2 acre range. North Royalton and Strongsville areas to give a better idea. If you can make the numbers work, are they good as rentals? How does the yard maintenance work? Who is responsible for the cutting all that grass?

I know most invest much closer to the city, with much less land, but can this work? I am asking because I have a possible deal coming up soon, and I can't find much talk of this on the forums. 

I'm interested in hearing your opinion on this as well, if you can @James Wise

Thanks!

If it's a single family home the tenants can handle the grass, no issue.

High end neighborhoods like Strongsville & N Royalton are great. Talk about exit strategy.  You can rent them for awhile then renovate to sell for top dollar to an owner occupant when the market is at a peak.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

@James Wise Thanks James! I appreciate the insight from a perspective I wasn’t considering.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.