Milwaukee Investment Overview

3 Replies

Hello BP, 

I am evaluating Milwaukee as my next investment market as my fiancé and I may be moving there within the next twelve months. Both of us are from Iowa and haven't spent much time in Milwaukee. I have done some research on the market as well as spent a little time up there driving different neighborhoods and meeting with agents. Primarily looking at multifamily and possibly the flipping market. 

I am very interested in learning more about this market and its current status as well as forecasted movement over the next few years. Looking to Bigger Pockets local investors for some helpful feedback! 

Thanks for the help BP!

Welcome to BP. I have a couple properties in the city and you can expect good cash flow in many neighborhoods. You’ll experience ‘better’ deals in your B- through D neighborhoods, but if that’s not your interest, deals can be done in nicer neighborhoods and the suburbs.
I’d be more than happy to discuss with you the next time you are in Milwaukee.

Originally posted by @Mike Lowery :

Welcome to BP. I have a couple properties in the city and you can expect good cash flow in many neighborhoods. You’ll experience ‘better’ deals in your B- through D neighborhoods, but if that’s not your interest, deals can be done in nicer neighborhoods and the suburbs.
I’d be more than happy to discuss with you the next time you are in Milwaukee.

Thanks for the insight and the connection! I would be looking to own and manage closer to the B range preferrably. I appreciate the offer, I would love connect to chat next time I get up to Milwaukee! 

@Michael Malone welcome to BP and to Milwaukee! Glad to see you are willing to leave the D neighborhoods to someone else. We have a number of interesting areas when it comes to two families and in B class areas. Most of the 4 fam stock is one and two bedroom apartments and basically affordable housing. If you are looking to move in yourself you will probably find yourself looking at a duplex. Have you done any deals in Des Moines?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.