I had a brand new rubber roof put on a building I have, in September of 2017. The roof leaked the 1st time there was rain. The roofing company came out at least 3 times (about every month) to do repairs and leak never stopped.
This year they became unresponsive and I finally reached out to their insurance on the COI. The roofing company ended up calling me and asking if I can meet and walk the roof with them. Later this day their insurance messaged me, almost immediately in defense of roofing company. I got the vibe that they aren't trying to help but find a reason to not be liable.
My biggest concerns are
1. I have interior damage from water getting in.
2. Even if they fixed it now, I believe the repairs will compromise the life of the rubber roof and I'm no longer getting what I paid for.
What are my options for a good outcome with this? I would love to hear any thoughts.
File a lawsuit with the company and the insurance company . Just filing it will get their attention
Thank you guys! Will do.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing