How do I get proof of funds?

2 Replies

Hello I have a question regarding proof of funds. I generated a ton of Motivated seller leads. They could be no so motivated since they’re asking for “Proof of funds” but they will sell if I show it to them. Potentially 5-10 deals if I can get proof of funds on my deals. I heard title companies do that for their clients. I could be wrong, but I would truly appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. Seems like everyone I talk to tries to sell me their “Mentorship” program for over $6k when I ask about this topic. Not sure why. I also heard there are some free resources for getting proof of funds sounds too good to be true. I there are investors that started out and faced the same obstacle in facing at the moment and know the answer would truly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

@Hossam Awadallah

Proof of funds is having cash in the bank. You would show a recent bank statement with the account numbers blanked or “XXX” out.

@Hossam Awadallah

I can tell from your post that already going down the path of deception. 

Tell the sellers you don’t intend on purchasing these properties, but you have investors who will.  That way the seller knows exactly what you’re doing and you’re not lying to them

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.