what would you do in my situation?

2 Replies

so my current situation is i have fair credit around 700 from what creditkarma states but with to many hard inquiries. my total debt adds up  to 27 thousands. im making monthly 2,144 a month before tax and in my savings i just reached 1,000. i want to get a rental property but with very little funds or not the right partner to work with. i have tried with private/hard money lenders but i don't have their upfront fee cost and repairs or any experience in to game so they wouldn't loan to me. i have tried with a traditional bank for fha but they say my dti (debt to income ratio) is to high and again not enough money for a downpayment/repairs.  what would you do in my situation to get your first rental property?  to me it sounds like i need to have a good chunk of money and to have 10 years experience to start investing. 

@Kenny Sibrian here’s what I would do in this order. 1. Find a higher paying job. 2. Pay off that debt you mentioned. 3. Save or earn more money via day job, wholesaling commissions etc

With the limited information you provided that’s what I would dl

In addition to what @Caleb Heimsoth said, if you are having a hard time increasing your income with your day job, I would suggest geeting your real estate license or finding another commission based job that you could side hustle to make extra income to pay down some of that debt.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here