What is Direct Mail and How Can I Use it

3 Replies

Good Day,

I have listened to almost all of the BP podcasts, but I still dont have a good grasp on direct mailing. What exactly does it do, and after someone has decided to sell their home what do I do?

So someone reads my mail and decides they would like to sell their house now, what do I do? Sell their house? What if I am not an agent? 

@William DeLuca that depends on your strategy. If you don’t have one you should know after having listened to all the podcasts what that is and write out a plan on paper. Strategies could be anything from wholesale to flipping to buy-and-hold. All of those would alter your approach but all approaches would involve some kind of purchase offer and contract.

William,
Direct mail is the key to the wholesaling business.
It is critical to get it right.
We buy about 90 properties a month and that's how we get our inventory.
Normally we direct mail people that have second homes. It is essentially a letter that gets people to sell you their homes.
Let me know if I can assist further.

@lana how do you find out if someone has 2 homes? County recorder?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.