I need some help nowwwww

1 Reply

Ok I have a lot of choices to make here! I live at parents because I just sold home in December and made about 30k profit. Now I also have a paid off rental my dad gave worth about 140k. He collects rent tho! I want line of credit which when I applied at Wells Fargo was denied because I had my house debt of 120k. Debt to income! I also want to purchase a home fha 5% Down for me and wife with newborn on Way, I can’t find duplex at good price that I’m willing to live in so may have to get a single house! But would still have a lot of $ left to do 20% down on a duplex in a less desirable neighborhood thst I want to live in. Now what order should I do this stuff without the bank denying me because of debt to income is to high. I will not use the line of credit but I do want it for future auctions after I buy my home and rental. Will the line of credit count as debt? 1. I was planing on getting line of credit on rental first 2. Then buying our house with FHA 5%down 3. Then purchase a duplex for 100k with conventional 20% down as a investment. Is this the best order to go about it. My credit around mid 700 and $ around 40k I only have 15k debt student loan Now!!!!

It all depends on your income... DTI is a measure of monthly obligations and income. I would recommend finding a duplex or other MF to use your FHA loan on.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.