Sioux Falls RE Agent Wanted

6 Replies

I’m looking for a good real estate agent in Sioux Falls, who has a clue about market conditions and investment real estate. I’ve been disgusted with the rookie agents I’ve been dealing with. They just set me up with an automated email service search, and sit back and wait for me to puke an offer. Looking for a live in flip or outdated home with a few specifics. Help! Anyone have a positive experience?

I like Katie Clapper from Applause Reality. 

Hey Dale,

It doesn't help now, but I just signed up for my real estate class to become an agent here in Sioux Falls.  So I won't get my license for another 8 - 10 weeks or so, but I have a good understanding of investment real estate with 12 rentals under my belt and another 5 doors under contract.  If you are still looking in early summer, (that is assuming that this never-ending winter in South Dakota ever dies ;) ), shoot me a line and we can look at some properties.  I plan on working primarly with real estate investors.

I've had good experiences with Aaron Rietsema at Hegg Realty, and Michael Martin at NAI. Aaron started out with just an email filter, but after a few rounds of feedback from us, dialed in what he sends us. We have made offers on several properties with both and purchased two multi-family. Micheal Martin ended up representing us in both of those purchases. 

PM me for contact details if you want them. 

@James Kats -- accountant, investor, soon to be REA. Congrats. 

@Kelly Byrd -- I'd be very interested in hearing why SF and how it has gone being an out of state investor.  

I'm looking to invest in the upper Midwest. I'd like to develop a team (REA, lender, construction, prop mgr) in SF. My targets are SFH and smaller MF as I get "restarted" in RE again after a few years away.

I'd also like to meet like-minded investors in SF. Do any of you know of any regularly scheduled meet ups that are active now?  I don't see any meeting set up now and so many of the posts discussing regularly scheduled investor meetings for SF seem to be long outdated.  

Thanks to all of you for your comments as I learn something most every time.  

@Kevin Brown -- There is a group of us that get together every third Saturday of the month and talk real estate investing.  It is a group of about 12 - 15 people.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I’ll give them a shot!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.