Selling a flip with a bade house next door

2 Replies

We currently have a flipped property we are trying to sell. It is in a great neighborhood and many homes are starting to be flipped and updated. We have only been on the market a few days but all our feedback is positive except for the part where they say buyers did not like the next door neighbors house. We already have it priced below what most homes are comped at. Am I freaking out over nothing since we have had so many showings in two days or is there anything I can do?

Nothing you can do, you were aware of the situation from the outset and should be prepared.  This was a known risk you build into your numbers and now you wait and see whether your gamble pays off or not. 

It is part of the business. Good luck.

@John Morgan What is the issue with the neighbors house?  Is it something you could approach them to ask if you can help tidy it up, cut the grass, paint a fence, etc.. out of the goodness of your heart ;)   It could possibly be a situation where it's someone on a fixed income that can't afford any addition costs or is not healthy enough to do the work themselves.  It could be a weekend worth of volunteering your time to clean it up and help you sell your property, who knows you may also get to know them and possibly use it as a contact if they want to sell in the future as it sounds like it my be a property that needs work/flip.  You did mention that the neighborhood is seeing a bit of growth and other homes being flipped, especially if you just flipped the home beside it.    

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.