New Western Investors in Texas

8 Replies

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone in San Antonio, Austin and Dallas, at one point or another, worked for New Western? This has saturated the market with investors - - any non-member investors seeing this? How do you combat that strong competition? 

I would not worry to much about New Western or anyone else. That is like worrying about We Buy Ugly Houses. Both have a strong presence, yet persistent Wholesalers and Investors are building their businesses. The Law of Abundance provides for all.

@David Saucedo   There are a crazy amount of people that want to invest in Texas real estate right now.  In my area, people keep saying "The Chinese are Coming.  The Chinese are Coming", because people from China are buying large numbers of new homes here.  To my Chinese friends, I say 欢迎.  It really is not worth the effort to worry about what other investors are doing, unless you are afraid of a bubble.

Originally posted by @David Saucedo :

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone in San Antonio, Austin and Dallas, at one point or another, worked for New Western? This has saturated the market with investors - - any non-member investors seeing this? How do you combat that strong competition? 

this company has a very poor business model in my mind.  just do not deal with them

Wholesalers are everywhere so there is more competition than just New Western! The key is to find the house before them and you will be the one with the deal. They are going in and lowballing homes on the MLS then blasting it out to cash buyers for $5k higher. You can do the same and get the deal yourself! Good luck :)

@David Saucedo I would hardly say they are strong competition my friend. I believe you are focusing way too much on others and not on yourself like you should be. They are a huge company, you are a friendly neighborhood real estate guy. You should use that to your advantage when speaking with sellers.  99% of the people I have run into that are in a distressed situation would rather work with a nice guy named David who is trying to help them, instead of a big, bad corporation trying to rip them off and steal their home from them. yes large companies like that do lots of deals and are doing well. I haven't had the best experience with them because as @Jonatan Barbera I don't think many of them are masters of the market. Just focus on yourself and use you being a local guy to your advantage. This is A PEOPLE BUSINESS.  Be likeable, build rapport and you will kill it. Good luck!

Thanks to all for the thoughtful feedback. We had a deal in SA that cleared us almost $37K. What was interesting was all the new western wholesalers that had buyers lined up, they were ready to double close our deal ASAP. I thought it was rather impressive given the speed at which they work. Later, I was made aware that New Western splits up their divisions, they have an acquisition team and a sales team. When you're a small 2 man operation, its easy to be impressed. 0