Turnkey companies in Ohio?

20 Replies

Hey @Eric Haug,

I've been researching turnkey companies. I'm planning to buy a property in the next few months and doing due diligence.

The two I've come across so far for Ohio are Ohio Cash Flow and Norada Real Estate. I'm diving deeper on both as well as some out of area turnkey operators as well. I'll post more here if I come across them.

If anyone has experience with either of these two companies I'd love to hear about it!

@Lance Rush-Mills -- thanks for the mention.

@Eric H. -- We've operated in four (4) markets within Ohio.  We were not big fans of Toled o but have had good success in Cleveland and Cincinnati.  Working with the right team is very important.  Your investment criteria also needs to be defined so you can narrow down what you want... Why Ohio?  And what are you looking for? 

Continued success!

@Eric H. , @Lance Rush-Mills There are a ton in Ohio. Ohio Cash flow only accepts if you pay all cash, Norada is actually a turnkey marketer (not knocking it, they are actually at the top of my list Marco's research is top notch). Holton Wise as mentioned and Smartland are a couple others I can remember off the top of my head. It does matter what cities you are looking at.

@Eric H. ,

I know both @Engelo Rumora of Ohio Cashflow and @Marco Santarelli of Norada Real Estate Investments very well. They are top notch professionals and first rate individuals. If you are really interested in Ohio turnkey properties, I would definitely connect with both of them.

Best of wishes to you on your continued journey to real estate investing success!

Originally posted by @Douglas Skipworth :

@Eric H. ,

I know both @Engelo Rumora of Ohio Cashflow and @Marco Santarelli of Norada Real Estate Investments very well. They are top notch professionals and first rate individuals. If you are really interested in Ohio turnkey properties, I would definitely connect with both of them.

Best of wishes to you on your continued journey to real estate investing success!

Thanks for your kinds word Doug,

See you next week

Originally posted by @Lane Kawaoka :

If it’s cash only run. They won’t appraise.

And if it's financing, the provider usually has an "in" with the appraiser/lender so the process is manipulated.

I'd run even further...

It's unfortunate that most appraisers like using foreclosures when appraising properties and that as you can imagine affects the value in a big way.

They follow Fannie Mae guidelines which are a joke and one of the best decisions our company made for investors and our own was to not accept financing anymore.

It's a long and dragged out process for everyone involved.

"Cash purchases" made the process much smoother for everyone and we always happily show comparable sales that have happened independently along with a CMA that we pull from the MLS.

Thanks

Originally posted by @Marco Santarelli :

@Lance Rush-Mills -- thanks for the mention.

@Eric H. -- We've operated in four (4) markets within Ohio.  We were not big fans of Toled o but have had good success in Cleveland and Cincinnati.  Working with the right team is very important.  Your investment criteria also needs to be defined so you can narrow down what you want... Why Ohio?  And what are you looking for? 

Continued success!

I thought you loved Toledo because of me? hehe 

Originally posted by @Eric H. :
Anyone know of a turnkey company in Ohio? Thanks for any info!

 Turnkey providers can be found in Ohio! There are a few of us around. Appraisals should not be an issue if you are dealing with a Turnkey provider. Ideally, they should be at or below market value. Of course, we are at the mercy of the ever-changing market.

That being said, make sure you go with a TRUE Turnkey provider, not just some agent showing you properties off of the MLS they think look like a "turnkey." The company should own, renovate, and manage the property all in house!

Try looking at:

The Best Types of Markets for Profitable Turnkey Properties

and

How to Find the Right Turnkey Real Estate Investment Company for You

Originally posted by @Douglas Skipworth :

@Eric H. ,

I know both @Engelo Rumora of Ohio Cashflow and @Marco Santarelli of Norada Real Estate Investments very well.  They are top notch professionals and first rate individuals.  If you are really interested in Ohio turnkey properties, I would definitely connect with both of them.

Best of wishes to you on your continued journey to real estate investing success!

 well I would not go that far with the Dingo.... top notch and first rate ??? not sure about that :)  Honest  hard working and his word is his bond I can vouch for that in my dealings with him  LOL  

Hi,

New to the forum here. I am researching Turnkey companies as well in the Ohio area. I have talked a bit with Ohio Cash flow and they seem super transparent and forth coming with information. They also have gotten great reviews from all over the web, BP, turnkey reviews etc…

Has anyone had a property from them for a few years? Looking to get some feedback from people that have owned a turnkey for a few years.

Thank so much!

Anthony

Originally posted by @Anthony Reed :

Hi,

New to the forum here. I am researching Turnkey companies as well in the Ohio area. I have talked a bit with Ohio Cash flow and they seem super transparent and forth coming with information. They also have gotten great reviews from all over the web, BP, turnkey reviews etc…

Has anyone had a property from them for a few years? Looking to get some feedback from people that have owned a turnkey for a few years.

Thank so much!

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your post and kind words.

Here are a few more threads where other investors have posted about Ohio Cashflow:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/185...

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/352...

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/607...

Speak soon