Bridgeport, CT Outlook?

13 Replies

My fiance and I recently moved to CT and are looking to house hack a MFH. We both work in Stamford, and would like to keep the commute under an hour. Stamford itself is overpriced at this point, so we have been looking in Danbury - which is 15 minutes from where we live. 

Recently, a realtor suggested Bridgeport as an opportunity. Does anybody have insight into this market? Looks like a lot of C - D properties.

Thanks in advance for any information you might share!

Hi Michael,

If you are commuting to Stamford, Bridgeport is a good option. I lived there for over 10 years. Yes there are some rough areas but there are also very decent areas. If you are looking for a decent MFH in Bridgeport I suggest you look in two areas Black Rock and North End. In my opinion these are the two better areas to live in Bridgeport. Also, don't rule out Fairfield, which is the town right next door and where I currently live. There are far less MFH in Fairfield but they are there, you just have to find the right realtor.  I'd be happy to discuss and give you my input on specific streets or locations. Good Luck!  

Bridgeport has many flips going on right now.  I believe the flipping market will be viable for 2 more years or so.  Prices are high in the area now and investors are flocking.

As I'm sure you know, the key is knowing your numbers and hitting them on target. 

Good luck!

Attended Brandon's great webinar last night on How to Evaluate and Offer on Rental Properties so definitely have more familiarity with the numbers than I previously did Craig! Just starting out, and I know I have a long way to go.

Thanks for sharing your information! What's the cap rate like in Bridgeport and/or surrounding areas?

Originally posted by @Michael Muro :

My fiance and I recently moved to CT and are looking to house hack a MFH. We both work in Stamford, and would like to keep the commute under an hour. Stamford itself is overpriced at this point, so we have been looking in Danbury - which is 15 minutes from where we live. 

Recently, a realtor suggested Bridgeport as an opportunity. Does anybody have insight into this market? Looks like a lot of C - D properties.

Thanks in advance for any information you might share!

Just was curious how has your search in Bridgeport turn out any luck? 

Hey Guys, 

I currently live in the Fairfield County area and I am very new to real estate investing looking to start with wholesaling to learn the industry and hopefully move into multifamily rental investing . Looking to connect with buyers and investors in the area can anyone recommend any good networking events to meet serious buyers and investors?

@marconi Simons if you are available I'd love to chat about mfh in Fairfield. 

Originally posted by @Marcony Simoes :

Hi Michael,

If you are commuting to Stamford, Bridgeport is a good option. I lived there for over 10 years. Yes there are some rough areas but there are also very decent areas. If you are looking for a decent MFH in Bridgeport I suggest you look in two areas Black Rock and North End. In my opinion these are the two better areas to live in Bridgeport. Also, don't rule out Fairfield, which is the town right next door and where I currently live. There are far less MFH in Fairfield but they are there, you just have to find the right realtor.  I'd be happy to discuss and give you my input on specific streets or locations. Good Luck!  

looking in this area too, is this listing in an ok area? im trying to beat my 2family's numbers that is in south Jersey City, was 395k 2yrs ago, now worth 480-500k, piti is 2200/m and rents 3500/m, so over 1k/m cashflow

https://www.redfin.com/CT/Bridgeport/116-Eaton-St-06604/home/107045970