Quit Claim Deed Distressed Property

1 Reply

Hi everyone, I'm a new member as well as a new Real Estate Investor based out of San Diego Ca.I just have a quick question.I have been driving for dollars and found a great flip and fix real property project.My husband and father in law do tile and hard wood floor so I do have a few connections that I know will help my company excel.Anywho upon doing my research I founf oyt that the property was inherited back in 2015 and is a quit claim deed.How do I go about purchasing the property directly from the home owner.?.?.?Or is this even possible...Someone plz help me.

Originally posted by @Agata Ebona :

Hi everyone, I'm a new member as well as a new Real Estate Investor based out of San Diego Ca.I just have a quick question.I have been driving for dollars and found a great flip and fix real property project.My husband and father in law do tile and hard wood floor so I do have a few connections that I know will help my company excel.Anywho upon doing my research I founf oyt that the property was inherited back in 2015 and is a quit claim deed.How do I go about purchasing the property directly from the home owner.?.?.?Or is this even possible...Someone plz help me.

The first thing you have to find out is if the house went through probate. It sounds like it might have but you want to see a Warranty Deed or a Special Warranty Deed instead of a Quite Claim Deed. I'd contact a Title Company and get a Prelim to see the recorded owner is. Also, depending on what you mean by "distressed" you should be aware that if they are in foreclosure certain steps must be taken. If it is simply a "fixer" you can send the owner a brief letter asking if they are interested in selling. If you don't get a response from a letter you can try door knocking and see if they open to talking.