Has anyone successfully scaled SFHs?

7 Replies

Lots of people on BP say it's not easy to scale SFHs (including duplex, fourplex etc), so I'd love to hear the opposite viewpoint from people who have successfully scaled.

1) So who here has a ton of SFH (single to 4plex) or condos or townhomes and not true 5+ multifamily?

2) How did you achieve that?

3) Are you finding yourself moving to multifamily?

4) Would you do the same thing again if you could start over, knowing what you know now?

I scaled to 350 SFR's then sold out to a partner 4 years ago and a portion also to a hedgefund ( our Atlanta inventory) we took profit.. and then I took profit.. now concentrating on Debt side only.

Originally posted by @Roshan K. :

Lots of people on BP say it's not easy to scale SFHs (including duplex, fourplex etc), so I'd love to hear the opposite viewpoint from people who have successfully scaled.

1) So who here has a ton of SFH (single to 4plex) or condos or townhomes and not true 5+ multifamily?

4) Would you do the same thing again if you could start over, knowing what you know now?

yes SFRs

built teams and bought at court house steps

I have no interest at this time personally in MF

NO

Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth :

Roshan K. What amount would you deem scale? I'll probably own 10-15 SFR before I go to multifamily and then like Jay Hinrichs said eventually I'll end up investing in debt or notes

I'd say over 20 is scaling

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :
Originally posted by @Roshan K.:

yes SFRs

built teams and bought at court house steps

I have no interest at this time personally in MF

NO

What would you do if you had to do it again?