Investment property insurance

11 Replies

Looking for insurance on a investment property in Michigan, Grand Rapids, Muskegon. Any suggestions or price range would be great! Thanks everyone!

I am purchasing a duplex and need to get some concrete numbers and quotes. I did some research and ran my numbers on the high end of the spectrum, wasn't sure if there is a site to get multiple quotes all in one place to save some time. Thanks all!

Not sure if this is helpful since I'm in AZ, but all my rentals have specific investor coverage through State Farm. As I'm looking out of state for my next buy/hold property, I'll be calling State Farm to see if they'll provide the same or similar policy outside of AZ. 

Karen Nilsson at Rivertown Insurance Agency is who I use. Great prices. No complaints. 

I recently ran into an issue with Auto-Owners where they cancelled my policy after they learned that my tenant's happened to be in college. 

How many colleges are there in GR? Eight? Ten? Why even offer coverage to landlords?

Anyway, just an FYI. Best of luck to you!

Originally posted by @Dave G. :

Not sure if this is helpful since I'm in AZ, but all my rentals have specific investor coverage through State Farm. As I'm looking out of state for my next buy/hold property, I'll be calling State Farm to see if they'll provide the same or similar policy outside of AZ. 

I have had good luck with State Farm, as well.